Picture of Guest User
I can't listen to the Real audio files
by Guest User - Wednesday, 7 June 2006, 06:49 AM
  I have a Mac (OS X with Intel Chip) and Real Player 10. Real Player says "Some needed components were not available" when I click to listen to the audio file. My web browser is Safari version 2.

Please help!
Picture of Guest User
Re: I can't listen to the Real audio files
by Guest User - Monday, 18 September 2006, 01:43 PM
  try downloading firefox from mozilla. it takes 5 seconds
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Tuesday, 19 September 2006, 10:42 AM
  I'm having a similar problem except I've got the old chip on a G4. I have the most recent version of Firefox and RealPlayer. RealPlayer can't decide whether the file cannot be accessed because it is the wrong type or because of connection difficulties. No firewall, no proxies, Java, cookies etc all turned on.
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Wednesday, 20 September 2006, 01:32 PM
  Also having a similar problem using Windows XP and I have the latest editions of Firefox and Real Player - and the Windows Firewall is disabled. And still the Real Player claims it needs an update, but can't find it!! Pretty frustrating! Advice appreciated.
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Sunday, 8 October 2006, 12:56 AM
  I am also having this problem (XP, firefox). Real Player saying it can't connect. Help please!!!
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Tuesday, 10 October 2006, 06:57 AM
  I also get the "need more components" message with RealPlayer and am unable to listen to the audio. I have a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.4.8, Safari + Firefox, and RealPlayer 10. RealPlayer is recognizing the audio files, it just can't play them. I don't know what other plug-ins are needed, nor what format the audio files are in. Any ideas?
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Friday, 13 October 2006, 03:07 PM
  I have a mac OS X and have the latest version of firefox. I'm having the same component problems, is there anything that people have found that has fixed the problem?
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Saturday, 14 October 2006, 11:05 AM
  uhm, where ARE the files anyway?

i also have firefox / safari and latest real player.
but when i click "resource: audio file" it only tells me how to get real player!
where can i find the files?