Picture of Guest User
τι να κανο τορα ;
by Guest User - Sunday, 20 January 2008, 09:19 AM
  For the few of us that make it to the end, could you provide some literary materials...more lessons, recommendations. This site definitly built a good foundation for learning greek. But being on lesson 103...i realize how much i still don't know when i'm talking greek. I'm basically saying Nikos and the gang could have made 100 more lessons to have someone really get closer to fluency...Anyway the site is great and thats why i donoted money but if this site's true goal is to help keep greek going strong it needs to get people past an intermidiate level(even though you call it expert...)

bigru17

hopefully the last two lesson are packed....I read someone else's comments who said he finished the courses and his comments were titled "what do i do now" which reiterates my point.

Picture of Andreas Leitgeb
Απάντηση: τι να κανο τορα ;
by Andreas Leitgeb - Friday, 1 February 2008, 09:07 AM

You've finished almost all the lessons, and still
can't tell an "ω" from an "ο" ? Perhaps you should
redo the lessons, and read the notes along for
spelling smile

Just kidding smile I guess it was more of a typo by
laziness than a real misspelling smile

Picture of Guest User
Re: Απάντηση: τι να κανω τορα ;
by Guest User - Saturday, 2 February 2008, 08:18 AM
  lol true, i do admit i was lazy but it's not like these lessons taught me how to read and write...I just picked up a book and now i can read it pretty good but i can't write that well... I was hoping besides constructive critizism you could also say "hey this site is good for learning too"...so i can keep going. Right now i am doing a lot of review and have a tutor picked out...i'm getting there and i will be fluent. good luck to all.
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Wednesday, 12 March 2008, 06:41 AM
  how long have you been learning from the course to get as far as you are now?
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 08:23 PM

well i was on and off for a while.  But at my prime i would finish a lesson a week.(when i say finish i mean memorize the vocab and really understand the grammer so i can move on to the next lesson).  So two full years(mostly learning in the car because i commute a lot).  Now i'm just reviewing some of the grammer and i moved on to some childrens books(still pretty hard for me).  But it was/is definitely worth it, i just wished i was more consistant i could have been sooooo much further.  Anyway good luck, ttyl

Picture of Karin Petersen
Re: τι να κανο τορα ;
by Karin Petersen - Sunday, 25 January 2009, 05:19 AM

Try this link:

http://www.esperanto.se/kiosken/sv/eu/gr

It gives you further links to online Greek newspapers and magazines, if you want something to read.

Regards,

Karin