Picture of Mike Bilton
Audio track vs written text?
by Mike Bilton - Sunday, 24 October 2010, 07:04 PM
  Hello,

Just curious how others handle the audio track playing while viewing the text/course notes? The only way I can see of doing it it to open the course notes page as normal and then right click on the "audio" at the top of the notes and open it in a separate window. Thats slightly cumbersome but at least I can listen to the audio and follow the notes. For me I would prefer to be able to print out the notes in a document, however, I presume there's some copyright reasons prohibiting this.

Anyway thanks all!
Picture of Vlatko Ilievski
Re: Audio track vs written text?
by Vlatko Ilievski - Monday, 25 October 2010, 04:09 AM
  My method does not differ significantly from yours.

I saved the real player audio files link. You open the audio by clicking the link and open it in new tab. Then right click on the title 'Listen to audio Lesson xx' and choose Save link as ..

While practicing the text I play the audio in real player (online, the player connects to the server). I usually resize the real player window and position it near the upper right corner of the screen at own convenience. When necessary one can pause and resume the audio, and by clicking icon on the task bar the audio player can be easily replaced on top of other windows if necessary.

One can consider copying and pasting the text in MS Word as an alternative.

Cheers,

Vlatko

Picture of Mike Bilton
by Mike Bilton - Monday, 25 October 2010, 06:04 AM
  Yes copying and pasting into a new doc had occured to me. Just haven't had the time to do it yet

Regards

Mike
Picture of Greg Brush
by Greg Brush - Tuesday, 26 October 2010, 11:31 AM
  The Lesson Notes are simply HTML-coded webpages, and there is no reason that you cannot print these pages for convenient personal viewing.

Regards,
Greg Brush