Picture of Jude DiBennardo
Audio Quality
by Jude DiBennardo - Monday, 3 October 2016, 11:04 AM
  This is a wonderful and comprehensive course, and even though I have already completed Pimsleur 1 and 2 and I can speak basic Greek, I find that going back to the beginning and listening/ reading along is very helpful in filling in the gaps that occur in language learning.

Having said this, I also have to remark that the audio quality is very poor, lacking high end definition which enables one to hear consonants properly. One could easily learn to pronounce a word incorrectly if they weren't reading along and didn't already read Greek (which I do).

I realize that this is a free resource and as such, better audio files may not be possible. Still, I would gladly pay a fee for crisp, high-quality audio or downloadable audio. Any thoughts on how this could happen?

Cheers,

Jude
Picture of Greg Brush
Re: Audio Quality
by Greg Brush - Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 11:39 AM
  Unfortunately, the site owners do not appear to be interested in upgrading the audio quality. However, to be fair to them, they may not be able to do so given various technical limitations of the original analog audio or may not be allowed to do so per agreement with CyBC, the copyright owner.

My recommendation is to use the higher-quality Audio Lessons on the CyBC site at:
http://www.cybc-media.com/aod2wd/index.php/component/jmsmusic/?view=playlist&playlist_id=30

Regards,
Greg Brush