spell checker and translator
by Guest User - Saturday, 7 August 2004, 05:48 PM
  Hi!
there are two important links to post:

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

that´s a very good on-line translator.

and here...
http://www.hri.org/fonts/w95/#07
you can download the proofing tools to make work the Microsoft Word greek spell checker work. (every version of Office supports it)
You have to unzip to the directory that said Phil Diaco a few messages before.
I transcribe it again to make it easier:
c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\proof
Thanks Phil, because together we found this solution!

Picture of Guest User
Re: spell checker and translator
by Guest User - Friday, 17 November 2006, 10:11 AM
  any one knows if this works for Office 2003 ?
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Friday, 17 November 2006, 04:40 PM
  I had the same problem. Apparently not. So I re-installed Word 2000, downloaded the spell check and after some manouvering (just try everything) it worked! And for some reason the spell check now works in Word 2003 and Outlook on my computer. Don't ask me why!

Ilsp(www.ilsp.gr) publishes a complete spell check, Symfonia, but it is not compatible with Ofice 2003. But, they will have one available in early 2007, they told me in answer to an e-mail query.

Είναι πολύ κουραστικος. Σου ευχομαι επιτυχία.

Judith

Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Tuesday, 6 February 2007, 04:18 PM
  High Judith
1) Sorry for not answering before, I was not around for a while.
I did successfully install an "old" Word 2000 Greek spell checker and thesaurus tool on my XP SP2 machine with office 2003, just following the normal procedure. It works fine.

2) A good alternative to buying Microsoft Proofing tools (many languages, including Greek, but about 100 EUR) if you are looking for only a Greek spell checker can be found from www.neurolingo.gr (about 30 EUR).

3) May I suggest you have a look at this site, they have an incredible online tool named « lexiscope » free on charge. This tool can get you the base form of almost any derived word form, for example from “ηρηες” you get “έρχομαι” which is what you really need to look in a dictionary. I hope this tool will soon be available commercially: I use it a lot, and they recently put a limit on the number of request per day a single user can make.

Best regards
Alain