Picture of Guest User
Help With Translation
by Guest User - Wednesday, 10 May 2006, 05:03 AM
  I have a friend who speaks little english so he write to me in greek a lot and a lot of times i have a hard time understanding him wondering if anyone could help

Gaidoura!!oute ena tilefono den pernis .ntropi sou ..prospathisa na se paro 200 fores ke mia fora se petixa ke isoun poli apasxolimeni .eise palikari ..

molis ida tin selida sou (ise pseutra smile giati otan se rotisa den mou ipes ke mou eleges oti den xeris an tah ginei kati ...alla den pirazi .mporis na mou les...
Picture of Guest User
Re: Help With Translation
by Guest User - Wednesday, 10 May 2006, 01:59 PM
  lol

Let's see how to translate "Gaidoura!"

Well, verbatim it means female donkey smile It is used to show that someone is kind of selfish and/or not attentive enough. It is most oftenly used in a jesting manner as it is here (in a very obvious way may I add)

So, here's the translation

"You ...! You haven't called me once (you haven't made me even one telephone call). Shame on you... I tried to call you 200 times and once I caught you and you were very busy. You are ????
(Palikari means 'lad' It is also used to indicate that someone is brave and/or upright. I just can't translate it in this context. It obviously means the second but it doesn't seem to fit with his/her upbraiding you)

I just saw your page [you are a lier because when I asked you, you didn't tell me (about it) and you were telling me that you don't know if it will happen (if sth will happen)... but it doesn't matter. You can tell me (unless it's a question in which case it's a slightly wrong "can you tell me")