Picture of Guest User
eisai ena trelomoraki...
by Guest User - Thursday, 21 September 2006, 04:59 PM
  does this mean you are a crazychild or something like this?
i know that moro is baby...is it only baby in the romantic sense?

also if i say 'ti doulia (thoolia?) kanis' (τι δοωλεια κανειζ)does it mean what is your job? and does 'then eisai ston doulia, eiste sto yiannis spiti' ( θεν εισαι στον δουλεια ειστε γιαννισ σπιτι) mean you are not at work you are at yiannis house?

and one final thing i would like help with i to say 'no you call me now not tommorow' i think it is 'oxi, pare me tilefono tora then avrio'(οχι παρε με τιλοφονο τορα θεν αωριο)

also is 'miso' a word? does it mean like one minute or something and is it written in greek characters?

and 'ola gia agapo'(ολα για ολα) means all for love? or does this not make real sense in greek?

and one very final thing, if i ask 'ti thelis apo to mykonos' (τι θελει απο το mykonos) does it mean what would you like as in what gift would you like from mykanos??

i thank you in advance for your help!

please correct my greek letters if you can also as this typing software is new to me! but i can only pronounce it if i can see it in latin characters!

ευχαριστω!
clown

Picture of Guest User
Re: eisai ena trelomoraki...
by Guest User - Thursday, 21 September 2006, 05:55 PM
  I will have a go......

Crazy child sounds good to me.
Τρελό means crazy, μωρό means baby and μωράκι means little baby. It might be used romantically, but I don't know.

Τι δουλειά κάνεις; ="What work do you do?"
You are not at work, you are at Yianni's = "θεν είσαι στην δουλειά, είσαι στο σπίτι του γιάννη." Note the stress is on the end of δουλειά, put it further back δουλεία and it becomes slavery.

"όχι πάρε με τηλέφωνο τώρα θεν αυρίο" - apart from the spelling its ok.

Μισό = half

"όλα για αγάπη" literally means "all for love" but again I don't know whether a native speaker would use it. You need to distinguish between αγάπη=love (a noun) and αγαπώ=I love (a verb).

"Τι θέλεις από τη Μύκονο;" = what do you want from Mykonos? Mikonos, like most of the names of the greek islands is feminine so its τη Μύκονο not το Μύκονο.

If I'm wrong on any of this, περιμένω την σωστή απάντηση.
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Friday, 22 September 2006, 12:04 PM
  It's very positive yes. Moro and moraki are both used in a romantic or very, very friendly way.

Den eisai sth doyleia eiste sto spiti toy Yianni (Δεν είσαι στη δουλειά είστε στο σπίτι του Γιάννη) means
You (sing) are not at work, you (pl) are at Yannis' place/house.

οχι παρε με τιλοφονο τορα θεν αωριο = όχι πάρε με τηλέφωνο τώρα όχι αύριο.

μισό (misso) means indeed "half". It is used colloquially instead of δος μου μισό λεπτό /dos mou miso lepto (give me half a minute) = "give me a minute"

ολά για όλα (ola gia ola) translates as "all for all" and means sort of "all or nothing" "go for the whole thing"

"όλα για την αγάπη" (all for love) is an expression that is used in Greek too.
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Friday, 22 September 2006, 05:17 PM
  thank you both very much!
:D