Picture of Guest User
Translation help please
by Guest User - Friday, 22 September 2006, 06:30 PM
  can someone please help me translate the following two things

1)Kalomathes me thn Americana. Tha synithiseis h tha vreis ginaika

2) ego leo na vro mia sta grigora - gnorisa mia last week kai tin ida xthes ligo einai 22 mikroula.. oxi poli oraia alla mou aresei exei kati! leo na to kinigiso. Ennoitai!

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Picture of Guest User
Re: Translation help please
by Guest User - Saturday, 23 September 2006, 10:33 AM
  I apologize if there is anything inappropriate in here. I really have no idea what it says and haven't been able to find most the words using online dictionaries.
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Saturday, 23 September 2006, 12:31 PM
  Hello, Claire! I'll try to help you as I can...

Kalomathes me thn Americana - I can't say what "kalomathes" means in this sentence, but second part (me tin Amerikana)is ...with an American (girl)
"kalomatheno", means "teaching(someone)in goodness (i hope you understood). I found another meaning too - to spoil (someone).

Tha synithiseis h tha vreis ginaika
Tha synithiseis - you'll get used
tha vreis ginaika - you'll find a women

ego leo na vro mia sta grigora !:

"I ("leo", means say) to find one (girl)
grigora - quickly (I'm not sure what "sta grigora" means)

gnorisa mia last week kai tin ida xthes ligo einai 22 mikroula.. oxi poli oraia alla mou aresei exei kati! leo na to kinigiso. Ennoitai! - I met one (girl) last week, and I saw her yesterday, she's young, she's 22 (years old), a little(diminutive f.)one, she's not very beautiful, but I like her, she has something.

kinigo(if that's the word) means - hunt,pursue
Ennoitai - in this case I think it's something like I have the intention (not sure again)
"ennoia" means thought, but also concept, idea.

I really hope it's clear enough to be understood.
Best wishes!
Anna
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Saturday, 23 September 2006, 01:01 PM

2) ego leo na vro mia sta grigora - gnorisa mia last week kai tin ida xthes ligo einai 22 mikroula.. oxi poli oraia alla mou aresei exei kati! leo na to kinigiso. Ennoitai!

Complementary to Anna's post; I'll just re-write the whole thing for clarity's sake.

Ok the first one doesn't make all that much sense to me!

It says
"The American (fem) spoilt you" (this means that she was really good and you now have high expectations from women)
You'll get used (to it) or you will find a woman. That's the part that doesn't make much sense to me. I guess it depends on the context.

2) I'm thinking of finding one quickly (in a rush, without being choosy or thinking overtly much about it; that's the connotations of "sta grigora" in this case) - I met one last week and I saw her yesterday for a while, she's 22, rather young. not really beautiful but I like her, she has "something" (it's that je ne sais quoi)! I'm thinking I'll go after it (meaning that I will try to make an effort for it [the relation] to happen/succeed). That goes without saying!
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Saturday, 23 September 2006, 01:21 PM
  thank you both so much for your help!!!
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Wednesday, 25 October 2006, 11:18 PM

So you are getting use to the american girl, are you going to continue or will you find a real woman.

I am also thinking about finding one quickly, I met one last week, I saw her yesturday for a little she is 22 nice and young smile she is not very good looking but she has something I like (a ***), I am thinking about going after it. obviously!