Picture of Guest User
Question(s) ...
by Guest User - Friday, 26 January 2007, 12:53 PM
  OK so for the longest time I've really had a crazy desire for Greeks and everything associated with Greece.
I have a few questions, about Greece and the culture and everything. Hopefully someone can help me.

1. Our(mine and my mom's)names - I have always wondered if our names have any Greek meaning behind them?

My name - Stacyia Lucille Monroe but I go by Staci
My mom's name is - Melania Joann Monroe

2. Is there any sort of relation between Italy and Greece? And the people. I've noticed people seem to mix them up a lot.

Thank you guys smile I'm so glad I found this website. I've been looking for something like this, for a long time! Now lets just see if I can, actually learn this stuff it looks so hard all the funky letters and things and I'm such a bimbo :\

Love,
Stacyia
Picture of Guest User
Re: Question(s) ...
by Guest User - Friday, 26 January 2007, 04:19 PM
  1. I am not sure about Stacyia. Lucille is of Latin origin. Melania does indeed come from Greek and means "black, dark" Joann ultimately comes from Hebrew (although it's one of the Hebrew names that first made a stop in Greek ;) )

2. Oh yes! A long history, lots of love, lots of intermingling and lots of things in common. I wouldn't know where to start!

Hey! Who gave you the right to call yourself a bimbo eh? Let us decide that will ya? :D
As for the alphabet, I suggest you first focus on the letters we have in common but have a different value in Greek (B, H, P, X). Fix their values in your mind before continuing because they seem to cause a lot of grief to many people. And cheer up! It could be Chinese you had decided to learn :D
Picture of Guest User
Re: Question(s) ...
by Guest User - Saturday, 27 January 2007, 09:53 AM
  Yeah, I thought Greece and Italy had a history, I don't know why, my great grandpapa always said "Stacyia, don't you worry what your grandmama says you can marry a Greek they are close enough."

Are they from the same forefathers or? I'd like to learn since I'm Italian.