Picture of Guest User
I study New Testament Greek.....help it is diferent
by Guest User - Friday, 17 October 2003, 11:49 AM
  The Book that I use is "An introduction to que Study of the New Testament Greek", Editrice Pontificio Biblico, Rome 1998.

For starters I am on lesson 4 and the verb eimi is diferent, the lesson teaches:
For you you teach eisai and he einai and my book teaches for 'you' it's ei and foi he or she is eisi[[no]].

What should I do....the purpose of my interest in this language is to read the Bible....HELP

Elica Vaz
Picture of Guest User
Re: I study New Testament Greek.....help it is diferent
by Guest User - Saturday, 18 October 2003, 12:37 AM
  Hi Elica

Is the New Testament Bible language in Classical/Ancient Greek? This course is in Modern Greek.

Philip
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Thursday, 20 November 2003, 04:18 PM
  The New Testament is written in so-called Koine Greek, which is a lot like classical Greek. Between it and Modern Greek there is a development of 2000 years. No wonder the language has changed in that period of time! What is even more remarkable is that so much has remained the same. A present day Greek would recognise most of the words! You would not be able to read Old English which is only 1000 years old.

But if it is just New Testament Greek you are after you had better buy a book about it. If you have the Online Bible you will find lots of software there to help you with the original text.

Aren
Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Saturday, 22 November 2003, 05:11 AM
  I think another problem you will find is that, methinks, lots of the westerners that do work with biblical greek use a different pronounciation from the greek one -- I mean, from the one that you will hear if you go to a greek church, where they do read the greek bible aloud pretty routinely smile