Picture of Guest User
English-Greek English dictionary on CD-ROM
by Guest User - Sunday, 31 August 2008, 06:11 PM

Hello,

I would like to buy a CD-ROM English-Greek-English dictionary. Can you recommend any products for Windows XP that include the following features?

Search for dictionary entry by either English or Greek

Response has multiple possibilities for a translated word showing the use of each possibility including

For instance, a search by dream gets a response of dream, dream away, dream up, dreamboat, dreamer, dreamily, etc.

After selecting one of the choices, the entry includes

Part of speech (verb transitive, verb intransitive, noun, etc. )

Translation and when the translation would be used (in sleep or imagine

Examples of normal use (in English and Greek)

Examples of exceptional use (in English and Greek)

Special uses (architecture, military)

Search by English or Greek for a word in any dictionary entry, so that if that word appears in the dictionary for another word

Search for dream in the text of all dictionary entries, and retrieve the use of dream in the entry for accomplish

Thank you

Picture of Guest User
Re: English-Greek English dictionary on CD-ROM
by Guest User - Monday, 1 September 2008, 08:51 AM
  It seems you're looking for something very similar to the Magenta Dictionary
Picture of Guest User
Re: English-Greek English dictionary on CD-ROM
by Guest User - Sunday, 26 December 2010, 10:49 AM
  I cannot recommend the Magenta Dictionaries because of tons of software bugs!!!
The dictionary itself would really be great but Magenta just cannot sort out their software problems concerned with activating the program. I have bought 3 different Magenta Dictionaries in the last few years and I have several friends who have done the same. None of us has really been able to use them. I got one working with the help of a super pro hacker, who reprogrammed some of the code and made it work for me on one computer.
Don't buy it!! You'll be sooo frustrated.
It is a real pity, because the dictionary would be excellent.
Sad but true!
Lis