Picture of Guest User
Learning Greek for young children _Online
by Guest User - Tuesday, 2 September 2008, 02:04 AM

Hey guys

Im so glad i found this forum.Ive looked everywhere for a site which I can teach my young daughter who is now 7 to read/speak and write in Greek. Both my husband and I are greek and wish our daughters to know the language.

Where we live there are no greek schools as such. I wanted to find a site which starts from the beginning from the alphabet and so on. Is there such a site available? I dont mind if i have to subscribe to it as long as its good enough for her to learn.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Giasas Pedia

regards

Greek mom xox

Picture of Guest User
Re: Learning Greek for young children _Online
by Guest User - Tuesday, 2 September 2008, 11:59 AM
  I also want to study from beginning,although I'm adult, study Greek like a kid blush
Me and Emily
by John Laverick - Wednesday, 3 September 2008, 03:14 AM

Hi patrice,

a good option is to purchase 'Read And Speak Greek' by george N. Balanis, internet www.anotek.com

their CD's are designed on what is taught in Primary schools and starts from the very beginning, i'm sure their are lots of free stuff around but this is very comprehensive and really good value, with over 270 lessons for the updated version.

They will send you a copy to evaluate and if you want to keep it you pay for the password.

regards

John

Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Thursday, 4 September 2008, 10:52 PM

Hi John

Thank you so much for that. I will definately look into that. I might even get my hubby to sit down and learn also smile (he didnt go to greek school when younger and really regrets it now).

Good luck to everyone learing greek.

Thanks again much appreciated

Picture of Guest User
by Guest User - Thursday, 4 September 2008, 10:55 PM

Hi Corrinne

Sweetie your never too old to learn. Wishing you the very best. We are lucky to have forums like these with helpful ppl to answer your questions.

Looking forward to reading some of your greek later on ;)

Take care

Picture of TImon Rossolimos
by TImon Rossolimos - Saturday, 5 March 2016, 02:20 AM
  Hi,

Here is a fun and illustrated Facebook Page that teaches Greek using the Mnemonic -association route...

It's called The Greek Chain...

Maybe this will be a fun way to teach your children...

Example:

Duck - η Πάπια - (h Papia) - Imagine a DUCK wrapped up in PAPER.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thegreekchain/