Picture of Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets
How to write letters in Greek
by Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets - Sunday, 28 September 2008, 06:15 PM
  Hi everyone,

I have done some searching on Internet, but couldn't find anything useful, so I turn to you now. I want to write a letter to a Greek acquaintance of mine (to send her a few photos we made when we were in her restaurant), but I have no idea what the epistolary rules are in Modern Greek. Basically, how do you say: "Dear...", "Best regards", "P.S." etc.

Can you point out a website where I can find what I'm looking for, or make a summary of the rules and expressions here? I guess it might be of use for many other people. Answers from Greek people would be very welcome.

I have another related question: the address I got from the Greek woman was written in Latin letters. If I use it as such on the envelop, will it reach destination OK (it needs to go to Lesvos, so it's not the easiest destination), or do I need to write it down in the Greek alphabet?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers.
Picture of Guest User
Re: How to write letters in Greek
by Guest User - Friday, 15 October 2010, 11:25 AM
  I was looking for that too, so I found that, if it can help you...
http://sclipo.com/documents/view/620946d9d15429242e35490ec534ec69
I would also like if someone could tell more precisely different way of writing in a letter !
Bye !
Picture of Argyrios Poungouras
Re: How to write letters in Greek
by Argyrios Poungouras - Saturday, 16 October 2010, 06:21 AM
  i will answer to the second scale of your question, the one about the address.
Yes they usually reach their destination when letters are written in latin. So you don't need to worry about that smile